Sunday, November 16, 2008

Which editor to use for development?

Linux is now setup , bye to Windows!!

Next Step: Which editor to use?

Searched on net for some time found some IDE's

1)Eclipse

2)Anjuta

3)Code Blocks

4)KDevelop

I finally ended with VIM. I dont know but I am little crazy for VIM. I tried learning VIM three times before but gave up , it requires lot of patience. This time I will  hard my best . I have taken printout of all tips. 

I am using it since last two weeks now and feeling little bit comfortable.

Its kind of cool :)

Just using abbrevations I can create class templates.

I am using following scripts for VIM

1)taglist

3)Omnicomplete

3)MiniBuffer Explorer

4)Project Explorer

Just do a little bit research and you can create enviornment like Visual Studio. Plus it looks cool with using different colors and nice tricks that you can show off.

No comments: